Saturday, October 3, 2009

Prosciutto is my friend...

As part of the ongoing birthday week celebration, Meg brought home some prosciutto for me and today I tried, for the first time, the pairing (tripling?) of figs, blue cheese and prosciutto. We halved the figs, added a chunk of blue cheese and then wrapped the result in prosciutto. Because of the ongoing downpour outside, we didn't fire up the grill but rather broiled them in the little electric toaster oven.

Oh my goodness!

The tastes of the three meld together to form a deliciously fruity fig taste with the salt from the blue cheese balancing the meatiness of the prosciutto. One of those mouthfuls that you simply don't want to actually swallow. Wow! I love birthdays!

Buvez: Hennepin Saison from the Ommegang (O My God This is Good!) Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment