Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tuna Melt

I'm feeling a bit under the weather this weekend, probably the result of a long work week and a bit of sinus trouble. As lunchtime rolled around today, I was feeling a bit whiny and begged Meg to make me one of my favorite lunchtime comfort foods: a good tuna melt.

In response I got a masterpiece.

Her "tuna melt" included chopped onion, diced hot chilies, roasted red pepper with smoked swiss cheese and tuna on a single slice of Jewish Rye. There may have been some other kind of magic in there because it was an entirely new thing. The smoked swiss and the roasted red pepper combined with the tuna to create a very savory experience. The diced chili asserted itself, adding flavor and heat, without overwhelming. The result was like nothing I've ever had before. 



Followed up with a few gingersnaps, it was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment